The ridiculous, contemptible, preposterous, and just plain disgusting.
You cringe, you laugh, you gag. These are movies so ridiculous at times you have to stop and ask whether they’re taking themselves seriously or not.
The best, or worst, features of these films often include excess bodily fluids. The likes of spit, vomit, blood, semen and “ugh what is that!”
And the best part of these films? Watching them with a big group of people, and drinking during the appropriate times. When are the appropriate times? Never, but thats what makes the genre so much fun.
Here are simple rules:
- Drink when someone dies
- Drink when you laugh out loud
- Drink when someone gets seriously maimed
- Drink when there’s a false lead or pseudo-scare
Adapt the game when you’re watching your favorite film or series in a marathon. Fun for the whole family!
Films for Splatter-fest, a rough list:
- Cabin Fever
- The Saw Franchise (the later in the series, the more ridicuouls, the better)
- The Evil Dead (1,2,3)
- Planet Terror
- Return of the Living Dead (a personal favorite)
- Drag Me to Hell
- Friday the 13th (again, the later in the series the more random, I also thought the newer remake was fun)
- Halloween (seriously, try and find Halloween 3 and not die of laughter. Hint: Nazi’s and the Stone-Henge in one glorious film??)
- Nightmare on Elm Street (more and more ridiculous deaths as the series goes on)
I’ve omitted a lot of film titles, because personally, other than the notable omission of the Saw Franchise I don’t enjoy torture-porn style films like Hostel or The Human Centipede.